Western Landcare NSW is a network made up of representatives from Landcare groups across Western NSW that aims to influence the way people live in the landscape whilst caring for the environment.
Our network comprises Natural Resource Management groups and whole communities throughout the Western Region working together for sustainable agricultural outcomes.
In the Western Region the Landcare approach comprises several ideals:
- A philosophy influencing the way people live in the landscape while caring for the land.
- Local community action putting this philosophy into practice.
- A range of knowledge including generation sharing, local/state/national group support mechanisms.
- Facilitators and coordinators.
- Government and Non-Government programs and partnerships.
High school students from across the district have been learning what hard work on a station is all about.read more
After an incredible first year the Western Landcare Youth Network is set to continue in 2018 with invitations open to young people 14-20 to apply.read more
The Western Region has been recognised at the NSW State Landcare Awards with two local Landcare groups receiving awardsread more
Subscribe to our newsletter
Issued monthly, Western Landcarelife features updates on workshops and events, articles and reports from Landcare initiatives, news and grant funding opportunities. Read our current and previous issues online.