Western Landcare NSW is a network made up of representatives from Landcare groups across Western NSW that aims to influence the way people live in the landscape whilst caring for the environment.
Our network comprises Natural Resource Management groups and whole communities throughout the Western Region working together for sustainable agricultural outcomes.
In the Western Region the Landcare approach comprises several ideals:
- A philosophy influencing the way people live in the landscape while caring for the land.
- Local community action putting this philosophy into practice.
- A range of knowledge including generation sharing, local/state/national group support mechanisms.
- Facilitators and coordinators.
- Government and Non-Government programs and partnerships.
The 2018 winners of the Life and Light in the Western Region Competition have been announced…read more
Western Landcare NSW has created the Life and Light in the Western Region Photobook. The Photobook showcases the land and the people who care for it, bringing together the life and light of the outback from the extreme summers to the powerful rains providing the...read more
Still time to get your entries in to this year’s competitionread more
Subscribe to our newsletter
Issued monthly, Western Landcarelife features updates on workshops and events, articles and reports from Landcare initiatives, news and grant funding opportunities. Read our current and previous issues online.